Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the protocol to get sponsorship from local fish stores? I have a few in the area I goto many times during the week. How do the large stores look upon the society like Petsmart, Petco or Pet Supermarket?

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
well! look the thing is you will have to throw a corporate headquarters but ask? man we need a good sponsor like those big chains. but even if they dont want to donate anything they usually let you put one of are signs up let me know. then loyd will put them on web page as a sponsor and if they have a page themselves we put a link from ours to theres. its usually a good thing for us, why what stores do you have in mind

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pet world in the Tower Shops corner of University and Nova Drive. Actually this week, I ran into a few people who were at the expo on Saturday.

all about pets (?) located in ramblewood shopping plaza in coral springs near coral square mall on university.

As an aside at the 2nd mentioned location, they had a zebra pleco about 2 inches long for less than 20.00 but I was iffy about it, cuz the coloring was off, but from what I have read that the bars will fade when stressed.
I will check them out again tomorrow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pet World is a sponsor already and sould have a sign on the front door for our club. If it has been lost, let them know we can get them another one.

as for $20.00 zebra plecos.... unlikely a true zebra pleco, they usualy run in the $100's -$200's if you can find them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thats good to know about Pet World. I have been going there for a while and have not seen anything on the front door about us. I talk to Mike (fish guy) and a few of the workers under him about the club, but nothing ever came up about the sponsorship.

I know about the rarity of the zebra, but am trying to figure out what the heck they had in their tank since the pattern was very similar to the zebra pleco but the colors were off. I think I'll head there tomorrow after work.

Thanks for input.

::update on the zebra pleco::

The fish I found was a colombian zebra pleco. It is brown and yellow with a similar pattern of the Black and White Zebra Pleco. so right now I am still looking for a legit zebra pleco.
John

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I questioned Mike again about the sponsorship at Pet World and he said that noone has offically come from the club to talk to him about it. He told me a while back a lady came into the store and posted a poster on the front window and he removed it. He gave me the 10% off but because I am always in there.
He would appreciate someone to come talk to him about it. He likes the exposure.
Let me know if there is anything I can do about it.

John

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks John,

all thats required for a store to be a sponsor is to hang our sign. They are not required to offer any kind of a discount unless they choose to do so. you are welcome to represent the club in explaining the sponsorship policies and also to get a new sign for them at the next meeting (remind Lloyd to add them to the sponsor list if they are interested).

as for the exposure he desires... a great way for him to gain exposure is by sending a donation for our monthly auction.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found out today that Beverly's no longer gives a 10% discount because they give donations to the society. Just wanted to pass that on.

John B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts