Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a clown knife today. Only 4.5" right now. Cant wait for him to get huge! He is a little shy right now, but I figure in a week or so he will be comfy in his tank. I love the look of them. And how big they get.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Clown knives are great fun real characters. I am pleased to see you know how big he will get, although it will take time! They love to eat worms and prawns. Good luck and enjoy taming him!

·
Registered
15 Posts
best fish I have ever owned. Very hardy and adapts to the environment pretty fast.
mine was shy at first but now he's swimming constantly, making little splashes every now and then.

advice: some people say knifes do not do well with other fish. they do, you just have to be careful. my knife has/had no problems with my 5 gourami. The only fish he ever ate was a shark, and that was because of the size.

if you do put other fish in the tank with him, make sure they are big enough that the knife cannot fit them in his mouth. if they can fit in his mouth, you might as well say goodbye to the fish that day.

good luck! I think you'll enjoy the knife really well!:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up a small one years ago, and placed it in a 55. After about 6 weeks it had more than doubled in size on a steady diet of live goldfish. I could hardly believe how fast it outgrew the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts