Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message is twofold!
First, a warm welcome to all the new members!

Second, this message is to introduce to our members a brand new feature I just whipped up here in the AquariumForum.com computer lab

Now all the existing threads and future threads that are posted in the Member Introductions forum have a button that looks like this:

And you guessed it, you can click that button to quickly say "Welcome to Aquarium Forum" to the new member who has posted their introductory thread.

This will make it very quick and easy to welcome new members. It's useful if you don't have much to say aside from "welcome", or don't really have much time to post a lengthy reply, you can do it in one click.

It is similar to the "Thanks" system many of you are familiar with. However, the "Welcome" button only appears in the Member Introductions forum and only appears for the first post in the thread. When you click it, your name appears in a list immediately below the first post as one of the members who said "Welcome" to the new member!

As goes with anything on the website, if you have any questions or comments I am very glad to hear them. And if you experience something strange with it's use, please tell me about it so I may investigate. I don't anticipate any problems with it (for now) but as we upgrade versions and the years go by, it may conflict with other things and perhaps stop working... so please tell me about it if you notice anything strange at any time.

I hope you enjoy this feature! Use it well! And - welcome new members!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What my new fishes are?

Hello,

I am just new in this forum and I have already few questions to enrich my knowledge about some tropical species. I have recently bought some new fishes for my aquarium. While searching in the internet I got confused about 4 of them. If anyone knows, I would like to share with us the differences between the following:
a) Blood parrot & Red Devil
b) Texas cichlid & Jack Dempsey

Thank you in advance,
Katerina

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Everybody!!!!
Hi everybody!
55 gal freshwater ,lighting 260 Watts,CO2 reactor ,Mariland Filter 300 Back,2 pump (one use for co2 diffuser,second for circulation inside the tank...
Adding 5 times in week Seachem Fertilizers

Plants : Rottala Indica,Hemianthus Micranthemoides,Riccia fluitans,Ceratopteris Thalictroides, Sagittaria subulata f. pusilla ,vallisneria Tortifolia (spiralis),Echinodorus Amazonicus, red criptocorine( don't remember).

Fishes: 3 cardinal tetras ,2 Sunset Discuses,8 neon tetras, 2 otocicluses ,
1 green coridoras,2 semias ealgeeaters.

·
12 yr old fish-keeper! =D
10 Posts
*w2
Im new too, joined the other day! love this, havent got fish yet, but im saving and i joined to help me research, ask questions and help me learn more before buying! =-D

See ya round

- Leachy702

·
12 yr old fish-keeper! =D
10 Posts
Great feature !!! ive used it a few times already, and feel this site is getting more useful features almost constantly, Thanks Jarred. :) Now for that bump button i asked for so i can boot that smart-alec orion off once in awhile and i will be set *r2
I agree, the buttons are a great addition! and the thanks makes it even more better to help someone with a probem with their fish, poorly, lonely anything!!! *w3*w3*w3 :animated_fish_swimm

even though its awesome and epic to help XP

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone. New here. Lets see, I have been a fish enthusiast for 5 years. I fell in love with a cichlid at my work and he sadly passed away from an illness and I never got to bring him home. Took me 3 years after that to finally start with my first tank and my pride and joy. 90 gallon tank with lake malawi cichlids. 7 so far; 2 marmalade peacocks, red zebra, my fav livingstonii or venustus (too young to tell), auratus, a mutt :), and a ahli mix. I do want to venture out of malawi and add a Tanganyikan Frontosa.
A 6.6 gallon tank because I didn't have the heart to let my cichlids eat my cycle fish. I am slowing turning it into a self sustaining ecosystem. Its going ok. My nitrates are starting to raise so adding plants here soon. They love their plants :)
Then my mom's tank (mine but she thinks its hers). A 55 with 2 oscars, fire eel, and a bristlenose pleco.
I want to venture into saltwater but I am still doing homework on everything.:fish5:
Hope to learn a lot more from being on here:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts