Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just got a clam, yesterday and it opened maybe 1 minute after i put it in the tank... so i know it likes it, and is semi-healthy.. but i did not look at it very carefully yesterday but just now i was looking at it and it appears to be turning gold?!?! sound right? its a crocea clam, and is starting to turn in the middle of its lip?.. what do i do and what is happening? my tank is doing fine, have tons of other coral and a few fish and they are doing great.. i have HO T5's, and its only 1 day old?... is it dying?

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
i don't think its dying but i would move it to the bottom of the tank for a few days and see what happens . clams don't like to put high into light on the first day in the new tank it needs time to adjust to your lights .good luck and thats a nice looking clam & tank

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but to get him off the rock, do i just gentle pull or use an ice cube because his foot is stuck on there and id really hate to kill him

·
355 Posts
when i moved my clam it took about 10 min first i put my hand over him to make him close then i just moved him side to side just be nice to him not to hard . some use r/o water to move them. i just don't like to use r/o on any coral to make them let go.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh i removed him.. the lights were off and he wasnt latched on for some reason, mean anything? and put him into the sand bed.. see what happens there for a few days

·
355 Posts
no it don't mean anything good deal that's easy way LOL. how much was the clam?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20 dollars, i bought it from a wholesaler... its a crocea clam too! GREAT DEAL with shipping it was 25.76

1 - 7 of 7 Posts