Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 60gal aquarium from a friends that had it in his garage, and while cleaning it out i noticed there are several chips in the glass. all the chips are right next to the corners of the tank on the outside, the biggest one is almost about the size of a nickle. i was wondering if these chip are somthing that would eventuall make my tank fail because of the water pressure inside.

if anyone has any idea or expirence with fish tank chips please reply

thanks.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
thats a tough question, beleave it or not. depends on the location. If it in the panel or if it just the corner. your always take a chance...... you could take it out side fill it and let it sit for a couple of days and test it...... I have a tank that has a tiny corner chip but nothing I would worry about, I have to see it to give you my thoughts, but in the end it would be your choice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you want to test if it can hold, simply use the water hose and spray with your thumb covering the hose or unless you have something to spray it, and spray it from the inside where the chip is at, see if you see any water leaks :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive had it filled with water for for like a day now with no problems so it should be fine, thanks for your ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts