Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chat behavior

It has come to my attention that, at times chat can become a little rowdy, and a few off color remarks are being made. I just want to remind everyone that, chat is no different than the main forum, as far as how we conduct ourselves, or the topics that are acceptable in mixed company. Everyone is welcome in the chatroom, which includes youngsters, and Ladies, So that having been said, i would ask that everyone conduct yourself in the same manner as you would any other time, with respect for others and be aware of the age differences in there. Thank you.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
i havent been in the chatroom in like a couple of weeks...

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent been in the chatroom in like a couple of weeks...

Thats funny !!! i wondered who would be the first one to deny being the villian. This announcement wasnt directed at anyone in particular, Its just something i felt needed to be said, as i dont think that issue has ever been addressed, and if you " aint been told you cant be held responsible". So YOU, can rest easy......on this one at least.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is why i quit coming in there..I tried several months ago to set up chat nights. , no one could decide what to do so i tried to setup a salt chat night and a freshwater chat night but everyone seemed to ge offended, so i just quit coming in there.

Rick

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
We have a regular scheduled Freshwater and Saltwater Chat night scheduled. The Saltwater one is tonight at 8PM Eastern time. The Freshwater one is Thursday nights.

Anyone is welcome but we need to remember that we do have some very young members and if the things you want to say are not things that would be appropriate for them they should probably not be said.

Thank you JIM for the sage advice.

Rose

Reactions: cottoncandy946

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is why i quit coming in there..I tried several months ago to set up chat nights. , no one could decide what to do so i tried to setup a salt chat night and a freshwater chat night but everyone seemed to ge offended, so i just quit coming in there.

Rick
Im sorry that happened, As you know things have changed somewhat as we have evolved, and those chat nites have now been established. Why anyone would have been offended is beyond me??. The only time I get offended is when improper conduct takes place. Otherwise have at it. And again please accept my appology on behalf of the site.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
i didnt even know that there were chat nights set up till like a week ago...

btw jim very funny

·
Registered
119 Posts
Offended might not be the right word i was looking for, but i got accused of not wanting to help a freshwater member because it was a salt night, and a few other things. and thats just not me. if someone has a problem i dont care what night it is i was willing to try and help them.

Rick

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Offended might not be the right word i was looking for, but i got accused of not wanting to help a freshwater member because it was a salt night, and a few other things. and thats just not me. if someone has a problem i dont care what night it is i was willing to try and help them.

Rick
I agree Rick, However, just a suggestion, It might be better under those circumstances to simply say, I really want to help you out so, rather than disrupt the chat, lets go to the PM service, and continue this on the side. Or better yet, and i dont know if youre aware of it but you can real-time chat in a private chat, while still in the chat room. Just right click a members name, choose send im and continue from there via private chat. :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
whenever i go in the chatroom with the older teens(not mentioning names), it always gets very inappropriate. i didn't do anything because i thought it was ok to break a few of the rules in the chatroom...

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not ok to be nasty anywhere, the chat is open to the same folks as the open forum, and every member has the right to be there without having to hear things that offends them. If youre there and that is taking place, make it known it is unacceptable, anywhere on this site. Joking and general fun is fine but there is a limit and it will be enforced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts