Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have surplus Chaetomorpha algae available for sale.
If your looking for some Chaeto for your refugium, I can ship you a quart sized bag priority mail for $20, shipping included.
I have positive feedback shipping Chaeto, and it will arrive healthy and ready to put in your tank.
Chaeto is used in a brightly lit refugium as a natural way to remove nitrates and phosphates.
You can also put it in a filter sock and tie it off in your main tank near the lights if you don't have a refugium.
Chaeto is pronounced "kay-toe" is also called Spaghetti Algae because it grows in strands like a ball of spaghetti. The algae is excellent at keeping nitrates and phosphates out of suspension, and in turn improving coral growth and reducing unwanted algae in your display tank.
Shoot me a PM if your interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have surplus Chaetomorpha algae! :Fish_orange:
If your looking for some Chaeto for your refugium I can ship you a quart sized bag priority mail for $20, shipping included!
I have positive feedback shipping Chaeto!
Chaeto is used in a brightly lit refugium as a natural way to remove nitrates and phosphates.
You can also put it in a filter sock and tie it off in your main tank near the lights if you don't have a refugium.
Chaeto is pronounced "kay-toe" is also called Spaghetti Algae because it grows in strands like a ball of spaghetti. The algae is excellent at keeping nitrates and phosphates out of suspension, and in turn improving coral growth and reducing unwanted algae in your display tank.
:heniochus:
Shoot me a PM if your interested.
If I run out, I'll put you next in line for when more is ready to be pruned from my 'fuge.
:crab: :nemo3:

hi any more left....?*L1

·
~/root
661 Posts
hmmmmmmm you want to talk price?

or you want to throw in an extra bag if i buy X amount worth?

I need a lot for this new 90 gallon sump I built a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Vic for the feedback. I'm glad you're happy with your chaeto ball for your new refugium. It got to you fast.

If anyone else wants some chaeto for their reef, just let me know. If you arent growing it you should start.. it really benefits the tank and it pulls out a lot of harmful stuff from the water column, your corals will thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many asked how big a bag will be, how much will you get, hope these pics help:

Top view:

Side view:

On scale:

Your mileage may vary but this recent package should give an idea.. about 1lb. 5oz. there and the bag is stuffed with a tight wad of chaeto and some water.

The chaeto makes oxygen so anything else living in the bag there, like copepods and other micro organisms can breathe fresh oxygen, like an ecosystem. ;)
:fish-in-a-bag:

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
I would like to buy some off you.. Can you pm me your info? Thanks JIMMY

·
Marine Aquarium Expert/Saltwater Section Mgr.
355 Posts
THANKS MAN!!!!! I think I still have your # I will call you SAT. If thats good for you?*w3

·
Registered
8 Posts
The macro algae Chaetomorpha has become a reefers best friend in the last few years, beating out Caulerpa as the macro algae of choice. Chaetomorpha is generally placed in a refugium that is connected to a saltwater reef tank where It is usually balled up. This macro algae has many benefits to a reefkeeper but generally its sole purpose is to absorb nutrients such as nitrates.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts