Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for every active service man and woman deployed on combat duty.

Its the season for thanks and giving and well frankly We cannot thank you enough for giving up everything dear and sacred to you to protect our way of life. Its an act of selflessness that cannot be expressed with enough gratitude.

As a Brother at arms and a very active military activity supporter My family and I thank you for doing what you do best.

A few years ago I was the main sender for care packages on a few forums that had inactive and retired service members on it and we raised enough monthly to send two moving boxes full of supplies that the military doesn't supply. I am very interested in doing this again as I have much better income and much better knowledge of what to send and what not to send. If any forum members are interested I do have a pay pal set up for cash donations and I also am capable of receiving packages and repacking in larger shipments.

If interested feel free to PM me with any questions, I work with a couple local VFW's and American legion's. I am also willing to donate 50% or more of my profits from selling home bred fish to this cause.

Thank you

Chad, please give a big HOOAH! to your squad.

May you all return home safely, if not your ultimate sacrifice was not in vein, its for the future of america.

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW, having a post with my name in it, that makes me feel special. If you need anything IE addresses, ideas on what to send, anything at all let me know. when i get back i will deffenatly send you some money to help you out. Just let me know, i have alot of people that ask me were they can send stuff or donate to help the troops out, so let me know your info so that i can pass it along. my email is [email protected] or [email protected] you can send it to either one and i will save the email so as that i can pass on your info when someone asks.

It is people like you that make us able to do what we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your support, every little bit helps!!!!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[email protected] or [email protected] I prefer the Gmail due to it being a personal account.

I am trying to get something going at my actual work, I mean 1800 people a day thru our doors thats alot of potential and 99.9% of our customer base is either military, or some form of law enforcement( hometown heroes). I am also going to talk to my chiropractor(thanks US ARMY) about this too.

Its too bad we cant send you guys ammo that explodes on contact.

Chad, keep your head down and always check your 6.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you just became my best freind!!!!!!!!!! CABELAS.......i love that place, and the bass proshop. How close are you to kankakee?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am about 2 hours from kankakee, I am about 30-45 minutes sw of kenosha. FDL is about 3-4 hours north of me maybe 5, depending on how the cheeseheads react to this FIB on their northern roads.

I bowfish down in kankakee.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have an uncle about 10 min from kankakee is why i ask, maybe we can go fishing sometime, i did some work in that area when i owned my business

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure, do you got a bow?

I am the stingy angler, I use 30 dollar ugly stiks with 300 dollar diawa reels. people look at me odd but when you work where I work you learn a thing or two about rod construction and tolerances.

Do you ice fish? thats my favorite.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i would ice fish every day if i could, that is the worst part about ky, no ice. I'm loking to get relocated to drum if they let me. I sleep on the ice, thanks to your employer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah ice fishing is iffy right now, spud buster is a must right now.

a few miles away dude got a very small northern yesterday about 18" long just FULL of color. the average bass runs 4# out of this place.

I live right on the fox river down here and have been wading it still with tons of walleyes in very small size.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yes they do what they have to. I fell terribly grateful to them, even though i've never supported them, just like I don't support hunting, fishing, or deforestation. those 3 have their reasons, too, but doing it for sport IMO is totally unacceptable and should be illegal IMO. deforestation in general should be slowed down, too. and murdering is wrong, of course. but these people are going away for the holidays and won't see their families and for them there might not be a holiday season next year. to all the people in the middle-east-stay safe and hopefully you'll be home soon.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Just stoping by to say HI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts