Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, since i'm planning ahead of time - i'll need some ideas or suggestions on a fish that would go great in a 55g tank(it's what i'll be getting during the time i'm making the 222g tank) - still waiting on the person i'm buying it from though.

i would like a fish that would greatly stick out(only example i can think of is a fire eel or tire track eel).

thanks!

·
Registered
943 Posts
When ever I think or a center piece fish I think of something that will be out and in the middle levels of the tank and the eels wont do that so I wouldnt do them as a center piece. What type of tank are you going for communtiy or agressive tank that will help and by the looks you want aggresive so I would look at the Convicts or Severums

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When ever I think or a center piece fish I think of something that will be out and in the middle levels of the tank and the eels wont do that so I wouldnt do them as a center piece. What type of tank are you going for communtiy or agressive tank that will help and by the looks you want aggresive so I would look at the Convicts or Severums
i rather not go cichilds, because i heard they kick up sand a lot - and i'm going sand substrate.

but if i get pool filter sand, i might consider them.

edit: yeah. i'd like semi-aggressive or aggressive fish.

·
Registered
756 Posts
shouldn't discus be in a species only tank? they're also rather expensive. :(
Well you never metioned what type of tank you want. Discus should be kept in a school and can be kept with various tetras, cory cats, and other community fish. The school would make a good center piece.

Price varies based on size and rarity. I assumed you had a little bit to spend since you are making a +200g tank.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you never metioned what type of tank you want. Discus should be kept in a school and can be kept with various tetras, cory cats, and other community fish. The school would make a good center piece.

Price varies based on size and rarity. I assumed you had a little bit to spend since you are making a +200g tank.
well they are a nice set of fish. but since i'm making this tank i wont have much left to spend on fish until perhaps the tank finishes cycling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts