Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the 75 up and running with the dempseys what catfishcan i use in there. water is soft 6.8 ph I know syndonis are good in cichild tanks but they prefer the higher pH and harder water of the african cichlids.
give me some ideas. I need something to clean off the bottom of the tank. I was thinking Botias but my tiger botia doesnt get along with them since he likes to lay in the terracotta pots too that every cichlid lives in my tank (even the convicts)

·
Registered
64 Posts
sooo excited..
I just bought a red tail cat/shovelnose X thats 3 1/2 inches in w/ cichlids, a knife and anostomus. Bought 2 dz. guppies and all are gone and I saw him out late last night with a full belly. I know i should have bought more than one, but for now.....
anyway any pleco is a good idea...hypostomus, albino or royal or blue eyed (If you can find one) any one that's gets good size.don't know how well any farlowella or whiptails may go in there. I've seen some around.
Red tail botia, Gold banded or tigers ,many different botias can hold their own w/cichlids Also, If they are smaller, some large cories may be ok for a while.
good luck>
Becky

·
ADV TankSeperationAnxity
1,442 Posts
Newbie here, but what I've read is armored or bristle nose? Maybe that's plecos I don't know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts