Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just began using Hagen's NutraFin Cycle yesterday, to speed up my new Eclipse 6's first cycle. I've read nothing but good reviews about this product on a number of websites, but something has me concerned.

The Cycle instructions say that if you have put medication in the water, to filter it out using an active carbon filter before adding Cycle bacteria to the water. I didn't realize carbon filters served any purpose other than removing particulate matter. Which has me wondering:

My tank has an active carbon filter. Does this in any way neutralize the Cycle product itself? Should I turn the filtration system off for a while after adding each dose of Cycle to the water?

I'm a newbie on a learning curve -- any advice will be much appreciated, particularly by my two young fantails.

fry84

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've used Cycle many times too. Great product. Like he said, carbon doesn't harm your good bacteria at all. It gets rid of impurities and chemicals while leaving your biological filtration system alone to do its job

1 - 3 of 3 Posts