Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it possible to lose a fish? I have no fish that could eat it... The only thing I can think of... When i did my Gravel-Sand switch and removed the fish when i put them back it might have spazzed out and jumped outta the tank... but i looked around the tank. I cant get behind my dresser to see the floor but theres stuff behind my tank so it couldnt really have fallen down... so... the question... WHERE IS IT? lol

Its a Silver Dollar. 3 inches...

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I saw all 6 of my kuhlis last night for the first time in 2 months

I hadnt seen my RNP since the night i put the sucker in the tank oh maybe 3 months ago, transfered another RNP from the fry tank to the planted big tank and he came out.

Silver dollars are thing like angel, he might be wedged behind the dresser, does it smell fishy at all?

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I set up my micro aquarium I "lost" 3 fish. 2 CPDs and a 3-dot micro rasbora. They were all about the same size and there were no carcasses in the tank, filter or in the sand... I also checked around the tank and I didn't find anything. Silver dollars are pretty slim fish, it could have gotten wedged. It probably won't smell though, they dry up and you will probably find it when you go to move your dresser some time :( Then again, maybe fish that disappear like that go to the same place that the matching sock goes to...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know its so wierd... no its not smelly lol. yeah my only guess is he jumped outta the tank when i was dumping my bucket with the fish in the tank...shame too... i bought 2 of them when they were the size of a nickel... now... they are 3 inches... RIP FISHY... moment of silence...

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
They smell after a while, usually 3 days or so.

Thats the old crappie under the seat joke. Fish dries up eventually rots and starts to smell. Its a fish smell its not like a good fart smell.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Happened to me too. This is a few years ago now. Had a room temp tank with some goldfish, guppies and a "weather loach". Its a big like eely thing. Started out at like 3 inches long, and about as thick as a pencil. Had it for about 6 months and it grew to about 8-9" long and about as big around as a cigar. I had a 3-support bridge in the tank for a decoration. It had a hole ABOUT as big as a cigar. One day, just didn't see him. Gone. thought I checked everywhere. After like 2-3 weeks, I pulled the bridge out to see if I could get him out, or if he got stuck in there, take the carcas out. Emptied it in the sink, got what "looked" like rotten fish body. Went on, another 6 months went bye, 1 of my 2 goldfish died, and 4 of my 6 guppies died. At this point a year old. Gave the remaining goldfish and guppies away, shut the tank down. Emptied all but about 5 gallons from a 35 gallon tall. Also had about a 12" tall palm tree with a slightly concave compartment underneath it. The base was about 8" across. About a year later, I decided to remove the tank, stand, and pack everything up. Lifted the palm tree, BAM, out comes my weather loach. He is about 2 ft long, and about as big around(girth) as a gatorade cap. The thing looked like a big*** eel. Hadn't put a single drop of food in the tank, or had a filter running for 6 months. Darn thing was resilient.

Hope somehow he is just hiding, GL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts