Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i wanted to know how to clean my canister filter ..am using a jet-3358
when i turn off the canister and try to take out the inlet and outlet pipe there's water coming out ....plz can u tell me y ..and how to clean in ?

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
is the canister higher than the tank ??? where is the water coming out??

V

·
0 Posts
Even if you turn it off, there could still be a little remaining water in the pipes that will leak out. I just have a wide bucket under my canister. Then you just open the canister up and clean the various medias.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
This is the main thing i hate about canister filters, the only one i really like is the HOT Magnum, It has the canister concept with out this aggrivation, mess buckets, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most new canister filters come with quick disconnect and shut off valves, cleaning a canister filter is very easy depending on the media used in the filter.Some come with pads that fit tight into the filter for mechanical/chemical filtration and bio rings/balls for biological filtration. You only need to rinse off the mechanical filter in your canister.For more deep cleaning Lift the canister filter to an elevated level above your tank if you dont have shut off valves. Gravity will drain the water in your filter back into your tank, remember to prime(refill) your filter after draining out the water before restarting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts