Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

We are new to the aquarium world, and unfortunately have a worm problem already.

We have Camallanus worms, all our fish are infected. I need to get hold of 5 grams of LEVAMISOLE HCL powder as quick as possible to treat my fish. Does anyone here know where I can get this, I am located in Canada/ Manitoba.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Our tank:

10 gallon tropical
4 zebra danios
2 sunburst wag

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your envelope is on its way.

Charles H

Reactions: coralbandit

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just make sure you remove any inverts you want to keep. The med will wipe them out.
Levamisole is targeted to Nematodes. A few lower life forms are a little sensitive to the compound. Snails are usually not affected. Newly hatched shrimp are sensitive. Two nights in the treatment solution usually doesn't affect most invertebrates. There are few exceptions. If you want to be sure, save them for at least 4 weeks in a fish free environment. The newly hatches Nematodes need a secondary host or a fish host. Rinse them well before introducing them back into a "Fish" environment.

Charles H

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charles,

thanks again for your help. Charles got in touch with me after I contacted him for Levamisole and was extremely helpful and did send it out immediately.

What a nice guy, really appreciated.

·
....has no life....
12,629 Posts
Levamisole is targeted to Nematodes. A few lower life forms are a little sensitive to the compound. Snails are usually not affected. Newly hatched shrimp are sensitive. Two nights in the treatment solution usually doesn't affect most invertebrates. There are few exceptions. If you want to be sure, save them for at least 4 weeks in a fish free environment. The newly hatches Nematodes need a secondary host or a fish host. Rinse them well before introducing them back into a "Fish" environment.

Charles H
I only say that because it wiped out about 250 MTS snails.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I only say that because it wiped out about 250 MTS snails.
I did qualify that. "Most invertebrates . . . "

My experience didn't kill MTS. But *i/a* and I won't argue the deadly expensive experience.

Charles H

·
Registered
44 Posts
Charles was a darling when I had the worms in my tank, really helpful and quick to reply!

I'm now in the process of having the shop shut down by the Council due to repetitively selling infected guppies and failing to help after admitting they sold infected fish, or buy treatment from Charles to rid the beasts. It didn't kill my apple snail so fingers crossed! But it did wipe out 80% of my tank in the end.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah mine was all saved the first time around thanks to Charles but the second time the shop infected my tank with infected fish the store said they would buy the treatment and have it sent to me....they never did so lost most the fish :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts