Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good place where one can get healthy fish on - line . I know there is many out there but I am looking for one that is top notch , backs the live stock they sell and has a great track record .

I am looking for a couple of bushy nosed plecos , which I can not get around here . The only thing I can find is regular plecos , and I do not want to have to re-home him when he out grows my 30 gal.tank .

·
Registered
232 Posts
Send this guy an email.
[email protected]

His name is Todd Appel and he is a member on another forum that I visit. He is a private breeder of plecos and I got 2 bushy nose from him a few months ago. He shipped them to me and they arrived perfectly healthy and are still doing great. I can get them around here but they are about $15.00 each. He sent me two for $18.00 (this included shipping with heat packs) for albinos. I think the browns were cheaper but I can't remember. I would not hesitate to order from him again.
Send me a PM if you want any other information.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info . I think some of these on line stores that sell live fish are hit or miss . $15 each is great , I talked to my lfs and they stated that they were rare ( I know , I had to bite my lip from laughing) and they would cost around $ 50 or $ 60 each plus $ 10 more for the special order .

·
Registered
232 Posts
Get a hold of Todd, he will treat you right and his fish are very healthy. Mine took three days to get to me from MD to IN in the dead of winter. Double bagged and heat packs. I acclimated them for about an hour and theyve been fine ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts