Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Susan, you just reversed my brain-fart. Thats exactly the site I was looking for, guess tom is far away from ken,eh lol.

Mr Phil, Bulk flake. I get my frozen from bio-aquatic out of LA,Cali. I just switched over to flake due to major space restraints and a move coming up. I want atleast 3 pounds.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
i mean what type of flake then i can see if i can get it in paying my price and shipping is probably cheaper then you can find it

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh anything with atleast a 45% protein mainly spirulina and brine but I think I am going with kens mixtures of 1/2 pounds and mixing them up. I got angels, fry, meat eaters, veggie eaters, I am ordering pretty much 1/2 pound of each and mixing them up and vacuum sealing em by 1/4 pound bags when all is said and done.

I want tons of protein as well as algae and the others goodies for color and vitality.

here is my wish list for my own devil mix

fry(egg based)
earthworm
brine
spirulina
I want color enhancers ( guppies mainly)

but like I said 45% protein but 40% is jsut as good I can mix the lower with higher protein packed foods.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually use home made garlic oil with my frozen mix my angels and barbs have noticed it but that seems to be all the fish that react to it.

Heck, if I can get the best food for the price I will go for it. anything is better then some of the packaged crap they sell at the LFS.

My LFS wants 15.99 per pound of tetracolor tetramin.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I know, at kens I can get a pound of flake for less than $10.00 and better quality. But I also buy earthworm sticks, spirulina sticks, and powder, decap brine shrimp, golden pearls, and brine shrimp sticks. Then I also buy chlormx powder and make my own dechlorinator.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a ton of cats, Ill get some of that too for them. They lost their taste for shrimp pellets and are on hikari algae wafers now and loving them again.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well got the order in from ken's.

as long as I own fish, he will supply the chow. Hands down great stuff, you cant find it cheaper. I do have to call them though, seems I got a free bottle of stress coat.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah this is about a months supply,

.5 pound of premium color w/ naturose
.5 pound of premium guppy flake
.5 pound of #1 growth meal

aint gonna have nice angels unless their food source is healthy, right?

the babies are rocking hard, they are out in the open all the time now, finally figured out they are the little big dogs in the tank.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got some earthworm sticks from the guy at work, he feeds em to the trouts at times. The corydoras are mean about em too, they used to share now they fight eachother for a stick.

I plan on getting the EW flake and spirulina to mix with the color flakes. I still do my 10# every 2 months from bio-aquatics frozen stuff though, I am weening them off that stuff by xmas, we get outages during the winter and my gene wont do the tanks and the freezer. Fish come first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts