Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all

i have a nano seawater aquarium

and i have some rock in the middle , a brown algae started to grow on it .

it looks so bad to me , is it something good to grow ? does it affect the fish life ? and is there a good way to prevent it .

thanks

and happy new year

·
Registered
943 Posts
Can you tell us how long your tank has been setup and what the actuall numbers are of your water tests and pics usually help alot. I would guess you have a new setup and this is diatoms and perfectly normal and will go away after tank is fully cycled. What do you have for a cleanup crew because I have had good luck with Astrea Snails at cleaning up diatoms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell us how long your tank has been setup and what the actuall numbers are of your water tests and pics usually help alot. I would guess you have a new setup and this is diatoms and perfectly normal and will go away after tank is fully cycled. What do you have for a cleanup crew because I have had good luck with Astrea Snails at cleaning up diatoms.
it is about three weeks with additional to 20 days before i but the fish in .

what i have is two test kit only , no2 and ph . the supplier here does not have more as he is out of stock .

for the cleaning crew , i have nothing , as it is also not avilable in the shop .

but i will try to search for it .

so you suggest the astrea snails , it is giving good cleaning for the algae on the rock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts