Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has any information about breeding saltwater fish. i don't care what species i'm breeding, just want to try it. let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
55 gallon...right now i have a community tank with a lot of live rock, crushed coral mixed with sand, and some decorative dead coral. i have 5 damsels, a clown, s. tang, and an angel. oh, and more than enough filtration. i would obviously take all other fish out if i wanted to breed something, but for now i'm enjoying the random fish i come across.

;))

·
service cart captain
80 Posts
Clownfish seem more than happy to breed in a tank ! There are a lot of articles on thier husbandry out there . It's common to get clownfish fry with irregular patterns on them from tank bred clutches . Many clownfishes available in shops today are tank bred and will have this characteristic .
Another fish to consider is the Fridmani Pseudochromis they will breed in captivity but are often intolerant of each other .
Be sure to have sponge filters going .The fry are very small at first and will feed on insuforia .

·
Registered
14 Posts
May I suggest Clarkii Clowns. They are awesome little fish. I have a link to an article for you but not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums. Don't want to step on any toes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You could try breeding the Kaudern's Cardinalfish. They're supposed to be really interesting to breed since the males are mouthbrooders and it would be worthwhile to try.

·
Registered
259 Posts
the easiest fish to breed is a CLOWN hands down, really if you get a pair they will eventually mate and hopefully have babies, if i was you i would get 2 clowns your choice of what kind and just give them a couple months, then you can use all different techniques...

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Breeders guide is a wonderful book and very helpful in setting -up your breeding fishery. I have 3 different clown breeding setups and a bangai carnial breeding setup at the moment. they have only been up for about 3 months and I have not had any luck getting any babies yet. but I am hopeful.

In addition we are also attempting baby brine setup so we can feed all of these babies when they get here.
Kathy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with most of the posts
clowns are the easiest for breeding

Carnivals are also in line too

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
something REALLY interesting would be hybridizing fish.
orchid dottyback+striped dottyback=indigo dottyback
neon cleaner goby+goldstripe cleaner goby=blue and yellow cleaner goby
a few other species have been hybridized, but only extremely rarely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts