Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
View attachment 33149 uh. Shrimp are highly sensitive to sudden changes in water quality. If I were to clean my already clean tank after so long It would stress them. I dont think doing a water change THAT OFTEN is very healthy
Actually your supposed to water change weekly if you look that up. And on my shrimp tanks I do two, separate day, 25% water changes a week. The key to that is to make it the temp of the tank. This time of year I don't even need my aquarium heaters because my house is warm so my tanks stay warm. Meaning the water going into the tanks are same temp. Keeps bad nutrients down and a good balance of aquarium water chemistry. Keeping aquatic things is alot of work. And I mean alot. Do alot of your own research and take advice because some of us have been doing this for decades.

· Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
8,773 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually your supposed to water change weekly if you look that up. And on my shrimp tanks I do two, separate day, 25% water changes a week. The key to that is to make it the temp of the tank. This time of year I don't even need my aquarium heaters because my house is warm so my tanks stay warm. Meaning the water going into the tanks are same temp. Keeps bad nutrients down and a good balance of aquarium water chemistry. Keeping aquatic things is alot of work. And I mean alot. Do alot of your own research and take advice because some of us have been doing this for decades.
how am i supposed to get the babies out of the tank??? its not like i have to suck them up with a vacuum

· Registered
261 Posts
I've kept neocaridina and caridina shrimp. Neocaridina shrimp can do a little fluctuations in the water. Now Caridina shrimp is a must have for perfect everything. Harder to kee the neo shrimp. I started breed both shrimp when I was 15 years old. Have been into shrimp ever since and im 31 now. Neocaridina shrimp aren't hard to breed or keep. Just keep up with daily maintenance and yu should have babies in no time. Dont forget to get shrimp food also. They can eat leftover fish food and algae but will need more as shrimp specific food has the minerals and vitamins they need.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts