Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to Jupiter and while I was there I took plants from the St.John river, (yes I was allowed). When getting home I found out that my plants had many crabs in it. They were from brachish water, about 5 miles from the ocean, small (3-4 inchest across) , dark brown, and I have no idea what I'm doing with them. Any insight would be much apretiated, Aconrad.

I also posted this in brakish, I just know a lot of people from the club might not check brakish.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
i take it you are wanting to keep them, so here is what i would do
measure the salinity at the location you collected from then try to match that in you system, eventually you could take them to full freshwater if you want but i would try to start brackish if you can, the shock of goign from brackish to fresh is pretty great

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
i have a couple of fiddler crabs that i keep as full fresh water and they have lived a couple of months now...

they are really small???

do they have 1 big claw and 1 small?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are two females as I can see, I believe they are fiddler. The problem is I dont know the peramiters and its a good drive away from here. I have them in a 10 gallon in the plants they came in, with aquarium sand part dry part wet.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
i talked to you about it already

take pics to see your aquarium

1 - 5 of 5 Posts