Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my clients had a 55 gallon acrylic tank sitting in his back yard for about 2 years now. He needed extra work but was cash poor. I asked him what he wanted for the tank and he asked if $50 was OK. I said it was and took it home. It is 48" long, 13" deep and just over 18" tall and has a fused on top with slots and holes for equipment. I have not had an aquarium since 1979, I still have the tank, but have only used it for reptiles and it is a 29 gallon glass tank and leaks. Except for undergravel filters, many of the filters I was familiar with have been replaced with improved types and I have no idea what to go with yet. I plan on keeping assorted goldfish and that is what I used to keep, besides guppies. Any and all suggestions are welcome for this returning aquarium person.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Welcome aboard and welcome back to the hobby. You will want to get a good setup for goldfish, they are messy. You can go with a canister and/or an undergravel and hang on back filters, there are a few ways to go about it from here. Make sure whatever you get will fit inside that acrylic frame and those cut-outs on the top of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts