Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to get a Regal Tang but i know they need a good bit of room to roam. I am about to get a 65 gallon tank i believe it is 36"x 24"x18" do you think this will be enough room for the tang?

·
Registered
318 Posts
if you go to saltwaterfish.com they tell you how big the tank should be for the fish you want but i think you might need 100+g for him to be confy

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i figured i have seen people who have them in a 55gal but since this tank is so short, ok then what other fish does everyone enjoy right now i have 2 paired ocellaris clown fish and 3 royal gramma( i know thats too many ive been trying to get rid of them, but its harder than i thought) what other fish does everyone have that are real active like a tang and a clown fish that i could keep in a 65 gal tank

·
WhisperinLoudly
49 Posts
If you don't have any corals and are not planning on getting any, there are quite a few dwarf angels like the flame -bi color-coral beauty or lemonpeel. The only bad thing about the angels is you can only put one in your tank. Fire fish are great but they like to carpet surf(jumpers) and bangai cardinals are awesome as long as they are tank raised. Wild caught are hard to get them to eat. These are just a few of my favorites but there are so many more. What ever you decide be sure to research before you buy. Some are a little harder to keep than others.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you're dieing to get a tang, get a lemon peel mimic. The mimic tangs are really the only tang that stays small and can live in a tank that size comfortably. They also come in half-black and eibli mimic, but those morphs are pretty rare.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Over the life time of the fish, no hardly. This is a Tang that gets to be some pretty good size to it and it really needs some serious swimming room. Not the easiest of Tangs to keep either. They are very suseptable to Ich and HLLE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts