Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 blue dwarf gouramis. I got them less then 2 weeks ago. One of them has stopped moving and just sits mostly up right on the bottom. All the other fish are acting fine. There are no marks or noticable dis coloration. It looks like he is just exausted. I have never seen him getting picked on or chased.

I did do a small (10%) water change.

So is there any thing I should be looking out for or any Ideas as to what could have caused this.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm yes it did die a short while later.
I don't know why it would have been stressed. As I said i did not see any other fish picking on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe it just got stressed from you digging around/adding or removing water? I am probably not the best person to give advice, but I do (unfortunately) have a lot of experience with dieing fish. How are your nitrates? Is it possible that you had any diseases? Gouramis should have access to the surface because they have labyrinth organs, but that doesn't sound like your issue.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I haven't done much digging around. I did do the 10% water change but that was after the fish started looking not so good. I was hoping it would help.
Unfortunatly my testing supplies are a little thin right now. all I have left is ammona and it is at 0.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts