·
Suffers from TMT syndrome
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry, I'm bad with a camera...

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
They're so tiny! Omg! I tried to respond to your message but I keep getting an error saying there's a "security token missing"

·
On the wild side
4,132 Posts
I had that happen to me recently too with the security token thing. hrm. Anyway, this is sooo cool congrats! Lots of pics while htey grow, please!

Reactions: welok

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
I had that happen to me recently too with the security token thing. hrm. Anyway, this is sooo cool congrats! Lots of pics while they grow, please!
So I'm not the only one? Also they're so tiny, they look like baby shrimp :wink2:.

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I'm not the only one? Also they're so tiny, they look like baby shrimp :wink2:.
Indeed they do. They are much bigger than new-born baby shrimp, I'd prolly put them at 3-4 week old baby shrimp (cherries, anyway, as those are still the only baby shrimp I have). They are bigger than what I thought they would be with the size of the egg, but still smaller than I anticipated them being. Today I am taking the new mom home. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
8,277 Posts
Ohmygosh how cute!

Reactions: welok

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
You make them sound bigger then they probably are. 3-4 week old cherry's? If you had to guess, would you say the crayfish are about half an inch?

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You make them sound bigger then they probably are. 3-4 week old cherry's? If you had to guess, would you say the crayfish are about half an inch?
Actually, my cherry shrimp don't grow very fast... either that, or I have tooooo many babies being born, so I don't know what they look like after 3-4 weeks... The crays are prolly 1/4 inch, some close the 3/8 inch. Only way I could see the cherries after 2 weeks was to line them up on the filter, as they were really tiny.

And this morning, I'm having a terrible time finding the shrimp food... Wifey fed them while I was gone, but now I need to feed them and I can't find it :frown2:

·
Super Moderator
8,277 Posts
Yes how are they?

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Doing good. Right now, they are climbing up the back wall of the tank, as well as eating all the java moss.

Climbing the wall:

Eating the Java:

Chillin on the sponge:

The last picture, the "one" on the plastic tube is an empty shell from a molt. If it doesn't get eaten, I'll pull it out tomorrow.

Reactions: Arthur7

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The second batch have finally all hatched as well, some started hatching Thursday (possible a little early because I moved her to an empty tank?) with some hatching on Friday, and all finished by 5 on Saturday (thankfully right before I left for the rest of the weekend). I'll try to get some pictures of them when I get home tonight. This batch has a lot more than the first. :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts