Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Suffers from TMT syndrome
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got up this morning and looked at my Crayfish, and saw 2 in the back corner, entirely too close to each other. I was about to break them up, and pull the one I thought was dead out, then realized they were "grown-up wrestling." So it looks like I will be getting some babies in a while. I'll post some pictures once she eggs up :)

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WeLok,

Any tiny crays? I'd love to purchase or trade for some when you have them
Not yet, but they are on the way! She's berried now :grin2::grin2::grin2:

Reactions: Arthur7

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starting the 2nd week of (known) berries on my female. I moved her to my 10 gallon breeder tank at work, so the babies wouldn't get sucked up into the HoB on the tank she was in, as well as giving her a tank to herself (mostly, as there are some MTS in the tank). She won't eat, as is typical for berried crawdads, but it's got me a little worried. I've put MTS in 4 of my tanks, and the one she is in the only one that still has any (apparently, they are like crayfish delicacies, as the rest have all been completely demolished by different crays).

I just really hope they don't hatch next week, as I will be out of town...

Anyway, I thought I would give an update :)

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
Crayfish love mts? How interesting. Are these the dwarf kind? If so I may have to buy one or two from you to take care of some annoying mts.

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
If you want them for your dwarf puffer then they won't be of help. You see, dwarf puffers can't bite through the mts hard shell. But I am willing to ask my parents if I can send you some if you want.

·
Addicted to tanks
324 Posts
Mine eat them by biting the attenea? (Sp) you know what I mean.. Lol. And then once the snails fall over they go for the kill.

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crayfish love mts? How interesting. Are these the dwarf kind? If so I may have to buy one or two from you to take care of some annoying mts.
They are not the dwarf kind, they get up to 6 inches or so. And guess what????

So I moved the berried female to the office. I couldn't figure out why all my crays have been very bland lately (personality wise), and I figured it might help moving the hormonal one out of the tank. 2 of the 3 molted, which is why they were being all hiding with no seeking. The 3rd one just kept hiding under the pilings I made, so I took a closer look just now, and SHE is berried as well! Woohoo!!!!! LOTS of baby crays!!!!! :grin2:

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ BabyNemo Lets not hijack welok's thread anymore then we already have,lol. PM sent.
You can hijack my threads any time y'all want. :) I'm not going to get upset over people talking on a forum, where people are supposed to be talking >:) :grin2: 0:)

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
i need another tank.
3,189 Posts
You can hijack my threads any time y'all want. :) I'm not going to get upset over people talking on a forum, where people are supposed to be talking >:) :grin2: 0:)
This is one of the things I love about this forum. The people are so nice.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey I'd still like some small guys. Mine are in a pool and I have to fish them out next week. Unfortunately I think I struck out.

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Woohoo!!!!! Some are hatching now!!!!!

Reactions: Summer

·
Super Moderator
8,277 Posts
Nice! Pics :D

Reactions: Summer

·