Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows why my fish wont eat blood worms. I have a blue gourami, 1 dojo loach, and 3 platies. As far as I know they all like blood worms yet everytime I drop them in they dont go near them much less eat them. The Dojo seems to get them after they have sat for a while. Any help please.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frozen cubes. But also I put this in another post title "HELP plz" but I have a huge abundance of bubble at the surface. I just changed 25% of the water and then the bubbles showed. Also one of my platies died. he was swimming at the surface looked like he was gasping, he would even let me touch him and not run

·
Registered
232 Posts
Frozen cubes. But also I put this in another post title "HELP plz" but I have a huge abundance of bubble at the surface. I just changed 25% of the water and then the bubbles showed. Also one of my platies died. he was swimming at the surface looked like he was gasping, he would even let me touch him and not run
Gasping at the surface can be a sign of ammonia poisoning. What are the water parameters in the tank.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Definately the best way to feed bloodworms is to thaw in a cup of tank water prior to putting in the tank.
I just throw the frozen cubes in (bloodworms, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, etc). My bigger fish break up the cubes (or swallow them whole) & then the little fish go after whatever is left.

I never had a problem with fish not eating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts