Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*blackback butterflyfish*
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take back my blood parrot because it had out grown it's foster parents house. the problem is all the others in my tank pick on him, which was why i let him go in the first place. I put up a piece of plexiglass with holes for circulation and alittle house on his side for him to hide in, but i am nervous that evenually this will stress him or the others out.

Does anyone have any ideas for tank dividers that look nice and aren't see through? I know i should get rid of him but aww he sooo cute and i already had to get rid of him for this long and now that i have him back and want to keep him. *#666

55 Gallon: 2 Angels, 1 buttekolfi cichlid, 1 festae cichlid and 1 blood parrot *frown

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try Krylon paint, i've heard they make a type thats safe for aquariums(when dried properly)never used it myself but i was gonna look into buying some for my 55 hex to paint the background. Gonna bookmark this thread. Im pretty interested in this myself.

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Krylon paint, i've heard they make a type thats safe for aquariums(when dried properly)never used it myself but i was gonna look into buying some for my 55 hex to paint the background. Gonna bookmark this thread. Im pretty interested in this myself.
Hmm I'm not too sure about using spray paint in my tank, safe for not, sounds kinda weird to me. thanks though. :) Any other ideas??

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Have you ever considered setting up another tank *#666. that is the very reason i have 10 tanks running now, there are just so many fish you can bear to be without :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmm I'm not too sure about using spray paint in my tank, safe for not, sounds kinda weird to me. thanks though. :) Any other ideas??
I actually had a 90g with a custom wet/dry, the overflow was painted with blue krylon to help hide it. I asked the guy i bought it from about it and he said it was a type of Krylon that was safe for fish. It didnt kill my fish so i assume its safe, however Jim's got a good idea, just buy another tank.*w3

·
Registered
57 Posts
lol just buy another tank, i love it. well they say when you first start fish keeping, your buying fish for your tank. but before long, your buying tanks for your fish. ha ha.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a tank divider like that between my Male Betta's, and of course they discovered each other. What I ended up doing was going and getting some of the "wallpaper" used to decorate the backs of tanks, and putting that on the divider. It worked like a charm, and I don't have two puffed up Betta's anymore....
I also didn't want to chance putting paint in my tank.
a new tank also sounds like a fantastic idea, though!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try getting some of that paper you put on the inside of the tank (it has deco on it like fish, plants, etc. like wallpaper it goes on the back) and cover it with that. Cut the holes in the paper too so the water can circulate. They won't be able to see eachother through the paper. You can even put a plastic plant or two in front of it. I aggree with chichildkeeper

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and how would you recommend attaching the backing to the divider? i am happy you guys have a number of tanks and i wish i could have another but i rent and already have two 55 gallon tanks that my landlord doesnt know about. i also evenually want to move and moving these will be enough of a challange. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
The tank divider I have "slides" down into the plastic pieces that hold it into place. All I had to do was "slide" the backing down with it, it was relatively easy...
Moving.... with 55 gallon tanks.
Oy.
I don't envy you that task at all! (but I do envy you those tanks, mine are smaller...)

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tank divider I have "slides" down into the plastic pieces that hold it into place. All I had to do was "slide" the backing down with it, it was relatively easy...
Moving.... with 55 gallon tanks.
Oy.
I don't envy you that task at all! (but I do envy you those tanks, mine are smaller...)
I made my divider and i don't have slides, it is standing up from being pushed into the sand and also rocks on each side.

I want to get a house of my own evenually and i will be taking my babies with me... but it can be done, it's just not going to be fun.. :)

I think back to when i didn't have any tanks and my weekends didn't include, water changes, decoration cleaning, filter cleaning and mixing of saltwater and for a second i wish i could go back... but then i see the look on the face of everyone i know when they drool over the tanks, i wake up and say it's worth it. And everyday when my b/f discovers something new growing on the live rock and points it out to me... it's worth it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Healthy tanks are always worth the work. Aquarium keeping is such an amazing hobby. It's so nice to be part of a community of people dedicated to providing their fish with the best care possible.
Hope everything works out with the blood parrot. They're beautiful and it would be sad to have to give him up.

·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Healthy tanks are always worth the work. Aquarium keeping is such an amazing hobby. It's so nice to be part of a community of people dedicated to providing their fish with the best care possible.
Hope everything works out with the blood parrot. They're beautiful and it would be sad to have to give him up.
Thanks so much! I know in the back of my mind there is a solution to this... i'm just trying to figure it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts