Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Organism Window Wood Glass Metal
Bird Window Beak Wood Water
since he was being bitten. I put him in a hospital tank separated with the molly that keeps targeting him
But i noticed this
Since this looks serious i added some neutra stress and 2 drops of methylene blue to help him recover. Also. His eyes are red

· Registered
66 Posts
The main types of illnesses that Black Moor Goldfish may experience include bacterial infections, fungal infections, parasites, and protozoa. Black Moor Eye skin loss may fall under the categories of Bacterial infections. Based on the fact that he was bitten, it could be a bacterial or fungal infection because he was targeted and then exposed. Other miscellaneous ailments include Cloudy Eye, which can be caused by a variety of things ranging from poor nutrition, bad water quality, and rough handling. It can also be the result of other illnesses, such as bacterial infections. It very well could be a Red eye instead of a Cloudy Eye. You can call him Red Eye, lol. Poor little guy let himself get beaten up by a molly lol. Providing clean water and a health diet, in addition to removing potential collision, are the best treatment for a traumatic cloudy eye. The reasons why Molly fish will chase each other and seem aggressive has to do mostly with mating rituals that involve attention-seeking behavior. Can somebody come up with a cure for the wound? I don't really understand, but I think it's because cloudy eye is really caused by traumatizing experience, such as getting beaten up by a molly.

· Registered
66 Posts
OH NO. Time to panic. Go to Local fish store. Gold fish keepers please post in here anything you know about eye skin loss. I literally don't know.
The swelling of the fish’s eye is caused by tissue fluid leaking into the region behind the eyeball. Pressure builds up as the amount of fluid increases, forcing the fish’s eyeball outward. Opportunistic bacterial infections commonly occur. The cloudiness of the fish’s eye is caused by damage to the cornea (the transparent layer of skin that covers the pupil).
Popeye in fish is most frequently caused by continual exposure to chronically poor (rather than acutely lethal) water conditions. Popeye is consequently most common in aquariums that are overcrowded or receive infrequent water changes. Not surprisingly, popeye is most often seen in aquariums where messy fish are kept in unhygienic conditions, typically goldfish and large cichlids.
Hello???? Anybody able to help?? I'll ask SusanKat. Should know something about it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH NO. Time to panic. Go to Local fish store. Gold fish keepers please post in here anything you know about eye skin loss. I literally don't know.
The swelling of the fish’s eye is caused by tissue fluid leaking into the region behind the eyeball. Pressure builds up as the amount of fluid increases, forcing the fish’s eyeball outward. Opportunistic bacterial infections commonly occur. The cloudiness of the fish’s eye is caused by damage to the cornea (the transparent layer of skin that covers the pupil).
Popeye in fish is most frequently caused by continual exposure to chronically poor (rather than acutely lethal) water conditions. Popeye is consequently most common in aquariums that are overcrowded or receive infrequent water changes. Not surprisingly, popeye is most often seen in aquariums where messy fish are kept in unhygienic conditions, typically goldfish and large cichlids.
Hello???? Anybody able to help?? I'll ask SusanKat. Should know something about it.
It does look like fungus tho..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts