Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I am feeding my fish, which I usually do around 5:00 pm, my BGK doesn't see the food and eat. He is usually hiding in a little cave that I made for him but he does come out every now and then and eats stuff off the ground. I just got done feeding some frozen blood worms and I even tried placing a chunk right in front of his cave,he ate a little bit after every other fish had taken some. He seems to be very happy and is exploring the tank a lot more than I thought he would, so I would say that he is getting enough food somehow.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is he a bottom feeder?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with feeding him on the top is that he never sees the food before it is gone. He just hides in his cave. I also have started feeding them a little later in the evening to get him out and it seems to have worked a little bit.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Probably the main reason I fed mine at the top is that he was hand fed most of the time. When I would go near the tank he was at the top waiting for me to feed him. In 2 years he went from 4 inches to 15 inches. In another year he was 18 inches and there wasn't much in deco that he could get into.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news, I saw my BGK eat for the first time and it was awesome. I put a clear plastic pipe in the tank for him to hide in a couple of days ago, when I went down I saw he was hiding in it for the first time. So I decided to see if I could put some blood worms at the opening of the pipe and get him to eat it. He did so I am now less worried about him starving to death.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts