Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i dont know what is wrong but I have a Black Percula Clown in a 12g nano tank. It was fine this morning but I just noticed at 8 tonight that one of its eyes looks weird and big, please tell me what has happened, I have no idea.
I have had it for about 2 or 3 months now and its been doing fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures of my clown, and his eye

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idk why they are small images how do you make them big, i have a dslr and a slr camera which are like proff. cameras, i was using my dslr for these how do you get the pictures big on the thread. I will post them in my gallery later so you can get a close up

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
here is the link to some bigger pictures, just go throught all my new ones and tell me about his eye, i will post some more to
And the quality and size was as low as it could go b/c i thought the site had a limit

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looks like popeye to me. One of my clowns got that after it got stung by a coral. I quarantined it for 2 weeks and treated it with Maracyn2. 10-day Erythromycin treatment works great too.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yeah it is definately popeye. btw, that is not a percula.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of clown is it then? So what will happen will his eye pop off, it still looks pretty much the same

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well, since it hasn't gone away, you should quarantine the clown and treat it with either Maracyn2 or Erythromycin for 10 days. That'll take care of it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
actually in not sure what clown it is....but its definately not a percula..ive never seen percula with neon-yellow pectoral fins. try researching it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you think it could be a occeralis(sorry i dont know how to spell that) and i only have 1 tank and its a 12g nano, but the clown is also my only fish

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yes it looks like an ocellaris except for the neon-yellow fins. the only clownfish i know that has yellow fins like that is the clarkii. the stripe pattern is more like that of a clarkii, but the tail is more like an ocellaris....maybe its a hybrid!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea, isk, lol, but like i said i have to keep him in my tank, and will his eye actually pop off or just puffed for awhile

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yes i believe it will just puff up for a bit until its cured.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts