Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, please see the picture below. Fish is young, not full grown yet, my guess would be around 3 months old. It looks like a male to me bit on belly it has what it looks like female "egg hole".
I would like to know, is this male or female (probably super delta) betta?
Thank you!

Plant Botany Water Organism Underwater

Registered
Hello everybody, please see the picture below. Fish is young, not full grown yet, my guess would be around 3 months old. It looks like a male to me bit on belly it has what it looks like female "egg hole".
I would like to know, is this male or female (probably super delta) betta?
Thank you!

View attachment 32172
Hi!馃槂 The Fish Lady!馃槂 nice to meet you, hon!
Okay, you have a nice picture there but what I know is in Betta fish, the females are much more "chunky & shorter" in body wise and the males are much more "slimmer & longer" in body wise. Plus, of course the males are much more colorful and prettier!!馃槂 hope this helps you.

Registered
Okay, you have a nice picture there but what I know is in Betta fish, the females are much more "chunky & shorter" in body wise and the males are much more "slimmer & longer" in body wise. Plus, of course the males are much more colorful and prettier!!馃槂 hope this helps you.
Me again!馃槂
I just noticed, being only 3 months might be a little touch and go for you too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, Fish Lady 馃榾

Thank you for your answer but unfortunately i already know that everything.
Please tell me your opinion about sex od the fish od possible. It looks pretty male to me. What do you think?

Registered
Hi!
馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
I actually thought it is male with all the color; buttttt...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know really, all the colors and quite long fins for Young betta, everything is showing its a male but the egg hole 鈽 but I heard that males sometimes also show fake "it" in young age. Ever heard of something like that?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping for male. I already have a female in other aquarium and i like her very much. Also him(?). They both have great characters. Doesnt matter in the end whether is a boy or a girl, but if it were female I would probably put her together with my other one. If they could come together. Probably could work. My female lives in 100L with 13 rasobras dorsiocellatas.
This male(?) Is alone in 35L

Registered
I was hoping for male. I already have a female in other aquarium and i like her very much. Also him(?). They both have great characters. Doesnt matter in the end whether is a boy or a girl, but if it were female I would probably put her together with my other one. If they could come together. Probably could work. My female lives in 100L with 13 rasobras dorsiocellatas.
This male(?) Is alone in 35L
Yeah, like a "sorority". That's what they call a herd of female Bettas; right? I heard they do excellent with each other and you know what I'm thinking, since you have a larger tank, hon, if you want to that is, you could "him" in with them too!馃槂 and, "he" won't get lonely. I just hate how they have those poor babies stay in those stupid plastic bowls; bless their hearts...ughhh...馃槩馃槩
But, I am like psyched up for you! We just love our hobby together for we've been married for 35 years this Thanksgiving.
You didn't tell me why it's hard for you to get supplies there, though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you think that I could put Young male (probably 3 months old) together with adult female (around 1,5 years old) and they would not fight?
Hmmm, maybe it really could work since it is her territory and she is not agressive type and on the other hand he is young and going to unknown territory. They also have a lot od space in 100L.
I have had him for 5 days now. Probably I should wait until I have him for two weeks so I see if he has any hidden illness (probably not but you cant be too careful)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts