Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Aquaeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what do u think is the best fish wholesaler(if thats what u call it) and if u want, why? Tetra, Hagen, Aqueon(AKA All-Glass Aquariums), or Marineland?
i picked hagen

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Re: best fish wholesaler

The customer service is wonderful at Marineland and they have even gone so far as to help me with OTHER manufacturer's products instead of just telling me to order something from them. I consider this a plus.
The quality of the products that they manufacture is wonderful and they stand behind the warranty on any product they put one on. Some things that are made with Lifetime warranties are produced well enough that they know they will not have to replace them and I do appreciate their efforts.
The quality of their Premium tanks is breathtaking. I happened to order one when I was lookiing for a tank that would work with one of their hoods as the tank that was "compatible" that I bought from Seachem and waited for almost 8 weeks to arrive came in broken in shipping. Marineland sent me a WONDERFUL glass tank in 2 days. I did not have to wait for it to be shipped in from Australia or Germany or France or anywhere else. Two days period!
The price of the items I have gotten from Marineland has been comparable with good quality aquarium supplies made anywhere and most have been made in the USA which while I have had good quality foreign made items still means something to me.
My fish like the Marineland quality and tanks they are in and that is what is the most important to me.
My new Marineland canister filter was easy to set up, came with a DVD to instruct me on it and its use, and I did not have a bit of problem with it. It keeps my tank the way I like it and is not hard on the fish. It is not hard to maintain and is very easy to prime (not an easy job on my previous canister filter) and it is QUIET which is very important as this tank is in my bedroom.

Enough reasons?
Rose

Reactions: petlover516

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

actually ive never tried stuff from marineland or aquaeon. ive tried hagen and tetra and i think hagen is better.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Not wholesalers, just so you know. These are manufacturers. Wholesalers are companies that buys from the manufacturer and sells at or to retail as distributors (No middle man). Making some wholesalers the middle man. Just depends if the manufacturer wants to sell direct to the retailer/wholesaler, and/or a "wholesaler/distributor" ....some will, some won't. Distributors (middle man) are companies that buy from manufacturers in quantities and sell to the retailer on a smaller quantity scale. Just so you know. It sounds more complicated than it actually is. But when you been in business for some time, you can understand it alot better. I know, even I had trouble understanding when I first got started. Even now, I have to really think about it from time to time. But it's almost like SW and other aquatic issues that seem complicated, but are not.....meaning, once you get the hang of it.....the rest is easy. Just a little Business 101.....LOL :)

I like Marineland. I tried Tetra and for some reason had problems. Haven't tried the others. But I think the next one I try will be Aquaeon.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I'm torn between Marineland and Hagen. Both have excellent products and decent online documentation. Hagen seems to have a more diverse product selection, IMO.

Marineland got my vote got their wide selection of biowheel filter types.

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
I love Eheim (not on the poll).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts