Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

About 3 days ago I bought my first 10 gallon aquarium. Because I had no idea on what equipment to buy, I go myself a starter kit with everything included. See attached picture of the setup. I have 2 real plants and 2 fake plants to set the environment. Before adding any fish I conditioned the water and let the filter run for 24h. The temperature is sable at 78-80F.
Water Plant community Vertebrate Botany Plant

It was time to add fish so I did a lot of research to make sure I was buying the right fish for this aquarium and ended up buying 4 Fancy Guppies. I followed all the instructions: I brought them home, let the bag float in the tank for 15 minutes, and then release the fish in the tank.

At first I thought everything was going smoothly; they were swimming exploring, and moving around up and down. I fed them after 2 hours they were in the new tank but they did not seem very hungry. Around 10pm, after I turned the light off, I noticed they were all up at the water surface.

Plant Window Water Wall Terrestrial plant

I went doing my research again and read that it could be a sing of poor water quality, lack of oxygen, but also a normal behavior for guppies that are often close to the water surface. When I woke up this morning, only one survived and the last one does not seem to be doing well.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me:
- Did I make any big mistake?

Thank you so very much
Cheers,
Ambrox

·
Registered
1 Posts
Around 3 days prior I purchased my initial 10 gallon aquarium. Since I had no clue on what gear to purchase, I go myself a starter pack with everything included. See appended image of the arrangement. I have 2 genuine plants and 2 phony plants to set the climate. Prior to adding any fish I molded the water and let the channel run for 24h. The temperature is sable at 78-80F.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's all part of the learning process, read about fish keeping and read more. Don't get upset with yourself, we all had a learning curve to go through. It will become clear and rewarding in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts