Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing I would like to do is say hello to each and everyone and let all no I am glad to be a member. My question is simple I have a 125gal tank with cichlid and would like to which color background paper would give me the best depth of field? I may not be wording my question correctly but this is an attempt that someone understand what I mean :)

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I think that, if you can find one, a molded background looks really cool, in other words it appears to be actual rock or a cliff or whatever when added to your tank

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
First off, WELCOME TO OUR SITE! :)

It depends on what you have in there. You could get a rock background if you have a lot of rockscaping going on in your tank. That would make a 2 demensinal background flow better with your rockscape work if you had some. On the other hand, you could go for a black background. It gives a lot of depth, and especially a lot of contrast and things naturally seem to "pop out."

Also, may I ask what kind of cichlids you keep? :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome!!! We're glad you joined us. I just joined too and I hope you like it as much as I'm liking it. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
:welcome:Welcome, glad you are here. I also painted mine black, but am sure that there is someone that will be on and give you more options.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I like the molded backgrounds as well, but haven't seen them in a while. When I was younger I tried gently 'crinkled' aluminum foil. I gave more light in the aquarium, a very futuristic feeling, and extra depth. I've also used patterned shelving paper.

Many, many years ago, they built aquariums with a little trough on the outside of the glass which you could add gravel, rocks, fake plants (or whatever) to. That helped a great deal in adding depth to your tank and hiding the gravel in your tank. Wonder why that idea disappeared.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us.

Rose
:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Paint it or I prefer plain background that come in rolls and you can get cut to size. This goes on the outside of the tank but looks dull unless you add the background "glue". You rub this on all over and stick your background to it and now it looks like it is in your tank! Be sure to use a sponge or better yet a squeegee to get all air bubbles out.

Best of all the glue is not permanent and you can remove your background whenever you want.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

i say dark blue would look good!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thank you to each one that answered my question and all the warm welcomes now someone say blue but did not say why and one member said use black but with back ground glue ?????

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Well thank you to each one that answered my question and all the warm welcomes now someone say blue but did not say why and one member said use black but with back ground glue ?????
blues the color of the ocean/lake.

·
Registered
250 Posts
:welcome: aboard! Pleasure to have you here!

Black is normally what I do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts