Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ev'body! Nice forum here, cool. I took a big break from fish, not so easy to keep a tank til you're settled somewhere! Still not in our final house so the big wall o' fish has to wait..

I love me a good community tank, it's fun to arrange the hangouts & play room for all their different styles of living, and I get a real kick out of their personalities & interaction. Right now I have a smallish tank w South American & Asian fish.. I couldn't pick a fave on the 'fave fish in the tank' poll bc they all have their cute thing.. but if I had a Chocolate Gourami that would be my fave, love the way they drift like a leaf even tho they're swimming, and their colors, & their cute lil owl eyes.. ok I am pet groomer & so the heart for critters aspect is always full force, hehe. I do like to research up on anything I do w the tank, and so I'm glad to find a great forum like this!
~Lisa

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! i would just luv to see some pix of your tank! and what fish do u keep?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll have some pics soon I think. I have 4 Lemon tetras, 3 Emperor tetras, 4 Cherry barbs, 2 Checkered barbs, 3 Kuhli loaches, 2 lil Oto's, 1 Blue Ram. The smaller Oto thinks it's a buddy swimming by when the Emperor goes past.. and the Emperor gets chased for a moment by the tiniest fish in there.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Thanks! I'll have some pics soon I think. I have 4 Lemon tetras, 3 Emperor tetras, 4 Cherry barbs, 2 Checkered barbs, 3 Kuhli loaches, 2 lil Oto's, 1 Blue Ram. The smaller Oto thinks it's a buddy swimming by when the Emperor goes past.. and the Emperor gets chased for a moment by the tiniest fish in there.
nice colorful variety of fish.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
This is a friendly and polite forum and I am sure you will not regret joining. Look forward to getting to know you and seeing some pics of your tank. Welcome and hope you enjoy our community of friends.

Rose

Reactions: Lisaandtheword

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! I did add pics. I traded in the Emperors & got a small shoal of 6 marbled hatchetfish.. the midlevel was a little congested & it seems much better now. I didn't know how cool the hatchetfish were until I saw vid on Utube, they all act frozen in place at the stores. "See" you in the forums!

·
Dude.... wait..... what?
3,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Hatchets - so cute!!! XD

You may want to bump the schools of Tetras and Barbs to 6+ each as they tend to enjoy schooling, and the Oto's usually like to be in 3+. Post pics when you get a chance - we'd LOVE to see your tank!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts