Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to breed angelfish, having a fish room with 20 tanks and literally a thousand fish or more at any given time. After getting tired of changing water and hatching brine shrimp every day for several years, I cut down to one 55 gallon display tank in our living room. I had one 8 year-old angelfish left as the only occupant, and the tank had been neglected and was pretty full of algae.

So, I cleaned it up, made some very large water changes to get the water in good shape, and bought a couple of young gold marble pearlscales and 3 corys to go in the tank with the old one. Later I plan to add a couple more angels, and enjoy a nice dispaly tank again.

No more breeding for me! Still, I will really enjoy a nice tank of angels again!

Anyway, I thought I'd drop by and say "hi." :fish-in-a-bag:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the Site!

Reactions: Joey

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow ! Nice, i used to breed beta's and angelfish, A few years ago. I really enjoyed it. I moved and could take all my tanks full of fish with me. I was really sad i had to give up something i loved doing.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I know the feeling, although I never had THAT many tanks, but I did have 7 tanks and got very tired of the hauling water too. I have cut down to two.

We are very happy to have you here and welcome you most heartily. Please post pictures if you feel you can and are willing to share them.

I hope you enjoy it here with us.

Rose

:betta:

Reactions: Joey

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 and we are glad you decided to join us here, Angels are really hard to beat for providing a graceful, beautiful display tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts