Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2-gallon reef and thought a couple of nano-sized ocellaris would be cool(at least for awhile!)I got 2 tank-raised tiny guys but since bringing them home they haven't eaten.In fact one died today.I work where they were bought so have access to any food under the sun and have tried them all to no avail.Any experience with this or suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't try zucchini but I did try crushed up Hikari algae wafers and pieces of nori.It seemed to terrify them-they hid under rocks till I took it out!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thats really weird, id think that they would love it mine cant get enough of it. Did u walk away from it at all? They might be skiddish to eat in front of you, mine get that way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I woke up today the second one was dead!So I picked up a couple of tiny damsels for the 2-gallon.There's certainly no problem with their appetites!Thanks for the advice, though.I'll try it at work- we just got a dozen of the same little occelaris in today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice....But they've gone to clownfish heaven.The tiny damsels I put in are doing fine-those guys will eat anything!Water tests out spot on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just tossing this out there...When adding fish to a new aquarium feed them live of frozen shrimp the first couple of days...then slowly introduce your main food to them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
sorry man, but a 2 gallon is VERY difficult.. it is weird, i know.. Many people tell me that the smaller the easier, right? WRONG.. the smaller amount of water the easier it is to "mess with" or dilute so to speak.. i have a 29g and it seems to suit my needs right now.. and it stuffed to the brim with coral, fish and invertebres... id suggest that you either start over before you get to into the lil guy and get a biocube of some sort.. 14, 29.. what ever it is and go from there.. or jsut wait it out.. id do a 30% water change so in a 2g that would be like 1/4 of a gallon, give or take.. then start over with clowns or what ever it is.. i feed mine just a reg. pelleted fish food from my LFS and occasionally some algae or fresh tuna if they are lucky.. think of them as a baby or a dog.. treat occasionally.. any other q's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts