Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Every ONE!!馃槂
We just wanted to share our good news with our fish buddies! We like to announce that today we had our very 1st Black Convict babies! We waited for all of our tanks to begin having babies and The Prison are our very first!馃槂 we are extremely psyched! There's about 30 fry and we are now proud parents!馃槂 we've been waiting for over a year now. They are sooo adorable and the parents are super grrr-eat!! Just as we study them to be!馃槂
It's sooo much fun to be a part of this all and well worth all the work!馃槂

Registered
Hi, Every ONE!!馃槂
We just wanted to share our good news with our fish buddies! We like to announce that today we had our very 1st Black Convict babies! We waited for all of our tanks to begin having babies and The Prison are our very first!馃槂 we are extremely psyched! There's about 30 fry and we are now proud parents!馃槂 we've been waiting for over a year now. They are sooo adorable and the parents are super grrr-eat!! Just as we study them to be!馃槂
This is wonderful! Get some pictures quickly馃檹馃槀鈾

Premium Member
Hi, Every ONE!!馃槂
So much fun but i need a little advice. I had a mess of baby convicts about a month ago and now I have a Larger tank set up to move them and the parents. Do I need to be carful so the parent do not get aggressive with the move ? Can anyone give me sugestions

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I tried them once and couldn't get rid of babies, most petstores won't take them
Hey! That isn't very nice!馃槪 these are out babies and even if they're 'cockroaches' that's just mean to even say...geez... Well, I guess then, I love cockroaches then....just because you don't like, respect or appreciate them doesn't give you the right to inappropriately "bash" other fellow hobbyist; geez...that was uncalled for.馃槪馃槪

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So much fun but i need a little advice. I had a mess of baby convicts about a month ago and now I have a Larger tank set up to move them and the parents. Do I need to be carful so the parent do not get aggressive with the move ? Can anyone give me sugestions
Hi!馃槂
How old are they now? See, mine our just a couple days old and I'm thinking about 2 weeks old for I immediately did some research and they will get aggressive. The father could turn to the mommy and kill her because they are very "good" parents, maybe even kill the little papooses; you know? This is why we are waiting because we are getting a bigger tank as well!馃槂
Do you know how large the brood was? Ours was 30, sooo the professionals were right on with their estimates.馃槂

Premium Member
Hi!馃槂
How old are they now? See, mine our just a couple days old and I'm thinking about 2 weeks old for I immediately did some research and they will get aggressive. The father could turn to the mommy and kill her because they are very "good" parents, maybe even kill the little papooses; you know? This is why we are waiting because we are getting a bigger tank as well!馃槂
Do you know how large the brood was? Ours was 30, sooo the professionals were right on with their estimates.馃槂
Mine are 5 weeks old and at least 30 of them. I have been cycling a 60 breeder tank since then and am ready to transfer

Premium Member
Add Lots of cover is the tank cycled. Prepare for more babies as they are called cockroaches of the fish world, once the start they don't stop
Yes I have a lot of coverage and have been cycling my 60 breeder tank since they were born. At least I have an excuse for bigger tanks thanks to my little "cockroaches" 馃榿馃悺馃悺馃悺馃悺馃悺

Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
Hey! That isn't very nice!馃槪 these are out babies and even if they're 'cockroaches' that's just mean to even say...geez... Well, I guess then, I love cockroaches then....just because you don't like, respect or appreciate them doesn't give you the right to inappropriately "bash" other fellow hobbyist; geez...that was uncalled for.馃槪馃槪
I didn't bash your babies and wasn't being mean. I just told the truth. I don't know what to say if you can't handle it, but that was my experience with them. And that is what they are called. Enjoy them. I won't add anything to your posts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I have a lot of coverage and have been cycling my 60 breeder tank since they were born. At least I have an excuse for bigger tanks thanks to my little "cockroaches" 馃榿馃悺馃悺馃悺馃悺馃悺
Hi!
Okay, yes, I'd transfer them!馃槂馃槂 how exciting!馃槂馃槂 they are neato; aren't they??
We have several for that's why we call them 'The Prison'; do you have a name or names??
Are you going to keep them? Just wondering that's all...馃槂
Did you have to wait long for them to spawn? We did but maybe that's because we always purchase our babies either fry or juveniles because we like to raise them plus another advantage is they get "used" to you; you know?

Premium Member
I didn't bash your babies and wasn't being mean. I just told the truth. I don't know what to say if you can't handle it, but that was my experience with them. And that is what they are called. Enjoy them. I won't add anything to your posts.
Wow please add your tank comments were helpful. As far as the the bug comment I went to the store after and there was a vegetable plant stand. There was a small tomato plant that said to me. You think your fish will reproduce to a point they are bother buy me and you will have more delicious tomatoes than you can eat. I just got done planting it. Again you were helpful. BLT'S soon. Again thanks 馃対馃崊馃崊馃崊馃崊馃崊馃オ馃オ馃オ

Premium Member
Hi, Every ONE!!馃槂
The move went smooth. Looks like there were a couple of batch's I stopped counting at 100
The move went smooth. I stopped counting at 100 thanks fish lady and susankat
Vertebrate Plant Organism Pet supply Grass

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The move went smooth. Looks like there were a couple of batch's I stopped counting at 100

The move went smooth. I stopped counting at 100 thanks fish lady and susankat View attachment 32259
Hi!! Omgggggggg!! Your aquarium is sooooooooooo beautiful!! My mouth has just hit the floor!! Wow!!馃槼馃槼馃槼馃槼
I love it and I'm sooo glad for I was praying for you!馃槂
Well, I don't know how many made it of ours for I had to do a blessed water change for the water needed changed and I worry about them; you know? I really tried to do the water changes as they said but it just didn't work out right...soo, I did it, normally then and we'll have to just wait and see, My husband said. I shrug... I prayed and hopefully, they're fine but who knows. I'm still going to get a larger aquarium because we'll probably be some more babies here real soon!馃槂馃槂 Omgggggggg! Hon, you have over a hundred babies already?? Wow!!馃槀馃槀馃槀

Premium Member
Hi!! Omgggggggg!! Your aquarium is sooooooooooo beautiful!! My mouth has just hit the floor!! Wow!!馃槼馃槼馃槼馃槼
I love it and I'm sooo glad for I was praying for you!馃槂
Well, I don't know how many made it of ours for I had to do a blessed water change for the water needed changed and I worry about them; you know? I really tried to do the water changes as they said but it just didn't work out right...soo, I did it, normally then and we'll have to just wait and see, My husband said. I shrug... I prayed and hopefully, they're fine but who knows. I'm still going to get a larger aquarium because we'll probably be some more babies here real soon!馃槂馃槂 Omgggggggg! Hon, you have over a hundred babies already?? Wow!!馃槀馃槀馃槀
Day 3 and all look healthy and active 馃槑

1 - 20 of 20 Posts