Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
We will discuss....chairperson for pond...moving meeting place to Flamingo Gardens...Speaker will be about building and fixing tanks...Christmas meeting and I'm bringing at least 10 bags for auction!!
pandas, plants, guppies, variatus and a semi-big clown loach!

·
Registered
64 Posts
think you got the variatus (a platy) and aren't the cories sooo CUTE!!
a little more info...
I bought them @ that size and raised them in a 50 gal. community...within 8 months they were over an inch, ready to breed, (fast growers) and to breed simply give them all a 10 gallon w/ gravel and lots of sizes of clay pots laying on sides then in a month look for hoppers!
I gave the tank 30 %H2O changes every 5 days. tap water w/stress coat. super filter b/c they got fed 5/6/7 times per day.
they exhibit spawning actions by running up and down the sides of the tank.
NO cichlids in the community!!! except dwarves!!!
didn't you get those great long finned rams??
Maybe I could get a trio from you to see if i can breed them too??? hmmmm...let me know.OK?
Thanks for the thanks!!
I enjoy you and your friends there!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
First Post--

Hi, i was at your meeting last nite to see about your club. i will join after i find the membership guy. i just moved to southern florida from michigan about two weeks ago. i'm semi-retired, might like to work again someday but not right now. most of my tanks (about 150+) are storage for now as i am looking for a new place to live.

in the past few years i have been keeping wild type livebearers and killies. i used to keep a lot of cichlids and will to do so again as things settle down more. in my old local club i used to edit-write our tiny (2 page) newsletter, and was auction-chair for our annual club auction (an old manual style auction). i have also been an active seller on Aquabid, as id "bayviews" mostly selling wild swords, halfbeaks, odd livebearers and mostly diapterons in killies.

anyway, i like collecting and have done some before, mostly for salt items. so i am sure you'll see me at the upcoming adventures you are planning.

Ron

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah i got the rams but my friend got the platy. Im planning on breeding the rams theyre still a bit small now but when they grow ill see what I can do for u =]. Im also gonna get some angels spawns i have a few pairs going and I can tell male and female now. I might have to put them in a new tank because the tank theyre in isnt really good for angel breeding.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, Ron.....

You will want to see lloyd (the guy running the equipment, he the man to see about membership. As a club we try and go net once a month but some of us try and go more often. My name is Richard, the guy who offer to do the newsletter, so I will be talking with you to pick your brain and even to help write article once wse figure out what we want to do as a club, on that. If you ever find that you can't use all those tank I tring to set up a large tank room in my garage, it a very very large garage, just let me know. As you going to find rental price are quite a better higher down here than in Michigan, bew I have a farm in OH with now 3 rentals and the going rate up there is 600 a month and dwonm here 1200 for something much smaller. Please introduce your self at the next meeting.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wasn't long enough to get bussiness taken care of..... or we did have the time to get everything done...... Next meet we are to discuss the day and time change for the meetings as will as other issues that need to handled.. as will as still having a very detailed lecture on tank repair/tank building....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome Ron, thank for checking us out and saying hello. I look forward to your participation in the club and on the forum.

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts