Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i thought I would show you guys my 20 gallon saltwater. I forgot to take pics when i first set it up but here it is 4 months in.

Full Shot

Green Feather Duster

1 of the tube anemones

Curley Q Anemone

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Red Wrasse (Hiding)

Tried to get them in focus

Purple Feather Duster

Blue Spot Goby

sorry for some crappy pics, the only camera i can afford right now is a Kodak point and shoot

Reactions: MediaHound

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm feeding them some Kent ZooPlex and DT's Live Phytoplankton and DT's Oyster Eggs about twice a week.

·
Registered
324 Posts
as requested... safe and sound in the new Saltwater build forum!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have considered doing the magnet mod but because of college I can't really afford it right now.

Oh and sad news, because of the 4 stripe damsels, my red fairy wrasse has died.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its ok, i think if I decide to get another fish - I'm going to get rid of the at least 1 if not both 4 stripes so they don't stress it to much.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wednesday update - Well I work at an lfs and we got our shipment in yesterday. We got in a small carpet anemone and I decided to buy it. Or at least it was small when we got it in. It has hence opened up to over 5 inches. First the price i payed - 12.99. We bought it for 8.00 - the price if sold to a common hobbyist - 24.99.

I know you're looking for pics but i don't have any yet but they will come in time.

·
Registered
259 Posts
NICE... just be careful because some anemones can injure other fish and corals, i love your feather dusters... sorry to hear about your loss but, if i was you i would consider getting clowns to host that carpet...OH and just a tip, i wouldnt put too many anemones in that little tank because they will have a "turf war" and that will only cost you more money...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the comments

yeah i don't plan on any other anemones. just let the current ones grow.

I've also got good news and semi-bad news.

First the bad news

the carpet decided to walk right up to one of my powerheads and got partially sucked to it.

The Good News
I unplugged the powerhead and he got himself out of it. Luckily none of his foot got caught in it and he is now perfectly fine, he walked back to the original spot. My current clown has no interest in the anemone but thats fine with me.

I know I know pics but i haven't had time yet, i promise they will come.

·
Registered
259 Posts
to get the clowns and anemone together, put the anemone and clowns in a bowl, with some tank water for about an hour and they will host.. it worked for me twice and many others i recommended...tell me how it goes... if you dont want to do that to your fish, then take some pics from the internet of clowns and anemone and tape them up on glass or your tank and that too will help, tell me what you decide and how it goes...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't want to take them out, the clown used to host several bta's in the previous tank he was in so hopefully he should find it - the anemone is in a spot that the clown doesn't go to as often.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the lighting is 130 W PC Lighting. In the next few months I am planning on switching to T5 - a little bit better for the photosynthetic anemones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
sweet tank ..you are going to like the t-5's..i would put them on my 3 gallon but they dont make them that small..it gives the corals more pop..

Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts