Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Aspiring Aquarist
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Lacey. I am a single mom to a 4 month old little boy who I love to death. I recently got my first fish tank and I have been doing a lot of research on it lately. I look forward to getting useful information as well as sharing fish stories and maybe making some new friends on this site. I got a 10 gallon to start with, I would have loved to get a 20 gal but I can't afford it at the moment. I plan on moving up to one after I get the hang of this one. Thanks :) :fish10:

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your fish tank :)

Reactions: logansmomma1228

·
Registered
31 Posts
HELLO, Welcome.

I have a 10g as well , are you looking into the marine or fresh side of the world ? I'm not all that familiar with the freshwater stuff, but will help where I can with the marine/reef side of things. feel free to ask

Bryan

·
Aspiring Aquarist
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HELLO, Welcome.

I have a 10g as well , are you looking into the marine or fresh side of the world ? I'm not all that familiar with the freshwater stuff, but will help where I can with the marine/reef side of things. feel free to ask

Bryan

Well I really wanted to do a saltwater/marine tank (they are the same right?) but I am not sure if I could handle it right away. I don't know if I have extra money to keep up on something like that (or if its the same as FW), and I don't know exactly how much work I would need to put into it- babies are pretty time consuming! lol. But all the fish I wanted are marine and there is only a couple kinds of FW that I can put in a 10 gal (so far that's what ive found).

I would love if you could tell me some basics of marine tanks, and if it would indeed be possible for me to do. Also I am currently cycling my tank, so would i have to completely start over or could I just add salt or something and convert it? Thanks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts