Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
So that is the little white thing in your tank?! The first picture looked like fish fry with little eyes but the close up definately does not look like fish fry or planaria. Actually the first thing that came to mind was baby squid...lol. Not sure they even look like anything mentioned so far. It does look like they have eyes, lung/gill (pink), and stomach (yellow-brown).

How do they move again? And what was the last thing you added to the tank before you noticed them (plant, decor, fish..etc)? Can you see antenna or legs?

Edit:
Here is a good picture I found of an adult scud...possibly?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure what white thing you are referring to

last thing i added was 2 ghost catfish and 1 cory,
all plants are fake

they tend to move around like a crawfish does, in small jumps but they do not seem to have legs or antenna on them

there are several hundred of them. the fish do not seem to have any interest in them
when i feed flakes, the little white "bugs" will all come out from the rocks and swim around in the water

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
sounds like daphnia, but the fact that the fish show no interest baffles me.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i added some dried baby gammarus to the feeding cycle a few times a month or so ago

maybe that had something else in it

they dont look like gammarus and like daniel said, the fish do not seem interested in them

·
Registered
47 Posts
Several hundred? Hmmmmmm.

Gammarus would make sense, but the picture just doesn't look like them.

For reference, how large are the stones in the picture?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts