Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a juvenile tiger oscar in my 150 gallon tank, and just recently put in 2 upside down black catfish. The oscar is about 1.5 inches long, and the catfish are about 2.5 inches long... After putting them in the tank together, I've noticed my Oscar acting lethargic and his tail is a little worn... It could have been that way since I got him, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Is this a serious issue of compatibility, or is my Oscar just sick? Any help ASAP would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The catfish are non agressive and will not bother the oscar. They may swim at him from time to time for fun but that's about it.

·
Fish CrAzY!!
197 Posts
I'm guessing your oscar is sick, or he was like that when you got him. Cat fish aren't agressive fish and he'll be gettin` pretty big pretty soon so I wouldn't worry about the catfish. Are there other fish that could be picking on him? Or possibly taking his food? Maybe he's sick? How is he now?

·
Registered
43 Posts
150 gal? that's alot of space, i can't see the catfish going out of there way to mess with the Oscar, but maybe they are, i would suggest keep a close eye on your catfish and try to see if they do nip at the tail, if they are the the Oscar could be stressed out, that could explain the behavior. Hope that helps

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I need to know how long the tank has been set up and the actual numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates. You ph would also help. What kind of water changes do you do? Do you have live plants in the tank? Caves for hiding in?

Please answer these questions so we help you better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Could also be fin rot, maybe something like coppersafe could easily take care of. Any droopy fins, white spots, and flukes are all parasites that can be easily gotten rid of with this product,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts