Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm setting up a 20 gallon (tall) tank, and I just bought a wrought iron (Topfin) stand for it. The problem is the stand is not totally even, it is bowed just slightly so that the middle is higher than the ends. So when I set the tank on it, there is a very small gap between the end braces and the bottom of the tank. Even after putting cardboard under the tank, there is still a space maybe the width of 2 playing cards. Is this anything to be concerned about? I worry about the tank breaking and 20 gallons of water spilling into my living room (I rent) I really don't want to have to buy another, more expensive stand, since I can't return this one (long story) I really don't know what to do with it :confused: need some good advice really bad

Thanks a lot
Kristy

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
It probably wont be a problem (hard to tell without seeing it), but you are really concerned, you can take a popsicle stick or two and fill the gap some if it will squeeze in.
The other thing you can do is, like you tried, use cardboard, cloth, or styrofoam, depending on the severity. The tanks nowadays are pretty strong anyway, I wouldn't worry about it so much. Try the popsicle stick trick though if you think it might add some support.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts