Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a Aquapod 12 like a week ago, today i just pored water sand and salt got filter, extra pump Hydor Koralia Water Circulation Pump 1) for flow, and it comes with one 27 Watt Dual Actinic Bulb and
one 27 Watt Dual Daylight Bulb, also 2 leds, for viewing your tank at night. I was just wondering what kinds of corals and anemones can I put in there and if it looks like I need to upgrade can someone post a link with the right bulbs

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well you could put softies, leathers and some LPS's, anemones will get way to big for a 12 gallon and PC lighting would not be intense enough for them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about some CCGC LPS, CCGC soft coral, and do you think that I could put pretty much any soft, leathers, as long as they dont get to big

·
Registered
943 Posts
OK it just means captive grown not wild harvested. I think you would be fine with mushroom, zoanthids, leathers, most any of the LPS's and maybe even some of the low light SPS's like Montipora's, Green Slimer, and maybe even Birds Nest. I would stay away from leathers if you want to try to keep any of the SPS's though and you should let your tank mature for at least 6-9 months before you try SPS's and make sure you keep your tank topped off and keep up on your WC's to replenish all your trace elements, oh and please dont try a Carnation Coral because they are almost impossible to keep.

Carnation/Tree Coral (Dendronephthya sp.)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, thnx a lot, that helped a lot, I didnt know that. Thnx. I will take your advice.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I will say this just remember a LFS is there to make money so always reaserch anything you want to buy before you buy because it will save you money and frustrations most of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts