Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I have a friend who had a 55 that he put a bunch of Java Moss in and just let it go, finally really took over and added a few cherrys, wound up with a BUNCH. In your case what concerns me is you said community tank, by that ill assume several different species of fish, what kind and how large, ?? those cherrys may be on tonites menu :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mostly tetras but I do have a baby angel... to small to really much of a threat for now. I might have already lost them. I put 3 in, they took off, and that's that. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new to shrimp. Just wondering if it is okay to mix Glows and Bloodfins (tetras) together with Cherry Shrimp? Also, if they breed, will the tetras eat the shrimpspawn?

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
I have cherrys with neons, lemon tetras, platys, mollys, a dojo loach, and a betta. If the shrimp are bigger than the fishes mouth, you are good. The betta and loach even leaves the baby shrimp alone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have cherrys with neons, lemon tetras, platys, mollys, a dojo loach, and a betta. If the shrimp are bigger than the fishes mouth, you are good. The betta and loach even leaves the baby shrimp alone.
Thanks! That really gives me an idea of what I can mix with Cherrys. I am about to get a 250 gallon tank from my fiancee's parents (their Water Dragon recently died and I'm gonna clean that out and make a really nice aquatic setup). I'm thinking about doing a massive planted setup with large numbers of very small shoaling fish and lots (maybe 20 or more) of Cherry shrimp as well as other fish to balance out the micro-ecosystem. Any ideas on which species? (I know that the Bloodfins are really neat when in large groups)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I got a few when I had my 20g setup, by the time I moved them to the 75g I had over 40 but most were still small and were constantly getting trapped in my filters. They are decent algae eaters but need to be with smaller fish. Once I moved them to a Discus tank, they all disappeared.

I am still able to keep around some full grown amano shrimp though. The white dots are nerite snail eggs...that cannot hatch in fresh water:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I started with 10 and I now have hundreds of RCS. They are a great cleanup crew. I have Discus, Serpae, Celestial Pearl Danios, Oto's, Plecostomous, and Cory's.

I also have one that has grown to mass 3 or 4 times more than any other RCS. Some kind of mutant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts