Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. So what would u say about a marble shark, a coral beauty, and an emperor angel all in a 250 gallon, along with a DF puffer, 2 clarkii clowns, a RG, and 2 snowflake eels, and maybe a few other fish, including a neon goby.

·
Registered
190 Posts
all the fish sound good, but idk about the shark, idk anything about sharks. The puffer might harm the clowns

·
Registered
43 Posts
all the angles and the puffer, eels will be fine with the shark as for the 2 clarkii clowns, a RG neon goby they will get eaten by the shark or the eels try to keep fish that are bigger then they can eat, just think of one thing if it will fit in there mouth they will eat it dead or alive good luck
craig

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
both eels have never eaten a single live fish in my tank. the shark has gotten to a domino damsel. currently our tank is a 125 gallon with the marble shark, 2 snowflake eels, a clarkii clown and a DF puffer. by abbreviations i might have been misleading-RG=Royal Gramma. I thought that they find small caves that predators can't get into. both eels are sufficently trained to not eat live fish. the puffer has never harmed the clown, but the clown was quite agressive to the DD while it lasted. the puffer has seemingly "adopted" the young clarkii clown, and they are always together. from my observations the puffer taught the clown the ways of the tank. from my research, it says that marble sharks rarely ever eat tankmates. is there anyway i can protect the RG, NG, and CC's if they will be eaten, opposed to my research.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you make a stake of rock where the shark can not get in there they should be fine, the only reason that i said what was my 2 ft marble shark killed one of my clowns.but it all depends on how big your shark is. like i said before if it can fit in his mouth and he gets hungry he will eat it. How big is your shark would love to see some pix of the hole tank.
craig

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll post pics soon. Right now hes bout a foot long. O and what type of clown did u have? CC's grow pretty big.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
clarkii clowns get to be 5+", and the shark is well-fed on a diet of squid cubes and silversides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts