Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 120 g in my garage that is coming in the house as soon as I get some remodeling done. I am thinking about stocking it with about 10 angelfish, a small school of corys and I thought about 2 parrot fish. The little bit that I have read about the parrot fish is they do better in groups of 2 and they like to have a clay pot or something to hide in. I have seen some videos on youtube with these two species in the same tank. Anyone here know if these two will be okay together or should I think about something else. I also have a large piece of driftwood and plan on some low light plants, anubias, java fern, and some swords.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking about the blood red parrot (sorry). The more I read the more I think I will go with something else with the angels. Plus I was going to have the tank planted and I have read plants and parrots don't go together.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Do you have the 6 foot 120 or the 4 foot 120 because it will make a difference on how many angels you will be able to keep in your tank. I have a 4 foot 120 that I set up for angels here is a link
http://www.aquariumforum.com/f45/my-120-amazon-5293.html
Angels can get quite large so you probably wont want any other large fish, just some smaller schooling fish IMO. Here is another link to give you an idea on the size potential when they are given enough room and enough qaulity food, the typical angel sold is the Pterophyllum scalare.
cesky-cichlid-klub.org: skalár fórum • Zobrazit téma - Proposals and standards for organizing competitions for ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts