Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a former member of CAS -- too many interests and too many clubs, and something had to give. I'd like to locate some nice angelfish babies -- not for breeding per se, just for enjoyment. I'm looking for 6 to raise in my 55 and (I assume) I'll end up with one pair -- I will rehome the rest. Or, I could rehome the mated pair(s) with someone interested in breeding.

If anyone in the CAS has an interest, I'd appreciate being put in touch with him/her.

Gesner

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
First let me welcome you to the site. Hope you enjoy it here.

Where are you located at? It might help to find some if people know a general location. I just sold 16 juvies myself at out local club auction which fetched a pretty good price and was selling them at 2 per bag.

You might check angelfishusa.com. That is where I bought my first ones. They have some excellant lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your fast reply, Susankat!

I have picked out the six that I 'really' want from freshwaterangelfish.com, but I wanted to try locally first.

I have some wishes that maybe make it a little bit more challenging. I'd like to have each one (or as many as possible) look unique to the untrained eye, and all be veils.

[One question that I have is whether the blue strains really look blue yet. I also grow African Violets, and we have 'yellow' violets that only hint at yellow, and I wonder if blue angels are the same way (I've never seen a blue angelfish in person). Would an 8-year-old run up to the tank and say "Wow, look at the blue one!" or not? (Yes, I just compared myself to an 8-year-old, ROFL)]

I live in Aurora/Denver but I dont have a problem with driving.

Elaine

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
The blues are a set line now, but they will be real expensive. A lot more than what I am willing to pay, and I have paid $80.00 for a baby pleco. I have standard, lace, veils and super veils and one of these days I will get a pair of blues but will wait and hopefully the price will go down. But with those I am talking about the ones bred by ken kennedy. He is the one that developed the true blue strain..

When I got mine from angelsfishusa I paid 20.00 for 25 pea sized angels. These came in from Florida UPS next day. And definately beautiful fish. Most locally were either inbred for so long most of the fry were culls or just one type when I wanted others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have blue baby angels, smokey and silvers right now, with more in the works. i also ship. i am asking $10.00 each. 6 or more for $8.00 each.

just pm me if you are interested

patty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts