Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two angels in my 20 gallon tank and on is quite larger then the other. Recently the big one has started to pick on the little by biting his fins and he is really ripping him up good. I have a little five gallon tank that I could move the angel into and I know that it is way to small for an angel. But I dont have anything else I can do with him. Will it be better for me to leave him with the other angel or better if I move him into the small tank?
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well if he is getting ripped up you have not got much choice but move him.Do you have a pump to put air in that tank.if so i would move him till you can get something better!

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you do move him fill the 5 gallon with water from the 20 then top the 20 back off with new.Then starting tommorrow do 1 gallon changes till you find something better!And probably do the 1 gallon changes with water from the 20.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Do you have any pics of the 20gal tank setup? Are there hiding places? or faily open?

5 gal is far to small, but under the circumstances it will do as a temporary means of housing the bullied angel. You definately will need to get another tank or rehome it if you can't get another tank for it to live permanantly. Maybe take it to your lfs, some will take fish back, though you wont get the price you paid for it usually.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I would say the 20 is to small for 2 angels also, unless they are a breeding pair and it don't sound like it. I would move the smaller of the 2 but should be temporary as it is really to small. If need be I would get a rubbermaid tub that runs about 25 to 30 gal and put a filter and heater in it and put the angel in it. It would be a lot less stressful for it.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
Angels should never be kept in pairs unless it is a breeding pair. there should be at least three, to spread the aggression of an overzealous dominant angel. If you can, get a bigger tank, and add a couple more angels, as yours seems a little more aggressive than most....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts